Tuesday, July 29, 2008

TENSE ENCOUNTERS OF A DIFFERENT KIND

In my very first post, I had mentioned that this blog is also to boast a bit; to blow off my own trumphet. Well, here's a blog posting to that effect now:)

We are having our maritimes cricket season, and we visited New Brunswick last saturday to play our second game of the season against them. We were beaten black and blue in the first one, and we were determined to win this time. We won this time, but there's more to it than just the result.

Let me be a bit dramatic here.. though nothing is exaggerated, in fact I have it toned down a bit. 40 over game, and the humidity was in the high 80s with temperature around 30. Both innings went into the 40th over, and it was a long day. Sapping heat drained all our body fluids and we were bowling first. I did a decent job with the ball but what followed next during our batting was quite unbelievable- for me, and for my team-mates. I walked in 9 wickets down, with 10 required off 5 balls, and I hit the required runs, and finally sealed the match with a spanking six over the covers. A la Javed Miandad- and it looked like a fairy-tale ending. As I never bat at all, nobody could have imagined that I could pull off a stunt like that, and my team mates all rushed into the field and lifted me, hugged me, bowed before me... wow, it was something!

The match itself was reminiscent of an Ind0-Pak encounter sort of thing, with constant heavy sledging, cursing, heated arguments, hostile attitude, temporarily suspended play, and a close match to boot. Would cherish the moment for a long time, and an unforgettable match! Wish I had videos/photos of the final moments.

Oh, by the way- apologies for the lull in blogging. I was busy for a while and then I completely forgot about it. Thanks to Madhura for reminding me of my blog!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well congratulations on the big win! Who did you play btw?
- Mihir

2:26 PM, August 02, 2008  
Blogger Natesh said...

ohh my!!! thats sensational.. but what were the scores, what were ur bowling figures..? and was it a league or a friendly match?

do you live around new brunswick btw??

3:58 PM, August 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home